After the long winter and a disappointing spring, MBF Blogs looks forward to a good summer with those of you minded to make your house more green or even build your own eco-viable dwelling, well catered for.
What would the perfect green house look like?
Green technology, while still evolving, now encompasses everything from materials developed through advanced technology, generating power to non-toxic cleaning products.
According to Green Technology the goals that inform development in this rapidly growing field include:
- Sustainability – meeting the needs of society in ways that can continue indefinitely into the future without damaging or depleting natural resources. In short, meeting present needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- ‘Cradle to cradle design – ending the ‘cradle to grave’ cycle of manufactured products, by creating products that can be fully reclaimed or re-used.
- Source reduction – reducing waste and pollution by changing patterns of production and consumption.
- Innovation – developing alternatives to technologies – whether fossil fuel or chemical intensive agriculture – that have been demonstrated to damage health and the environment.
- Viability – creating a centre of economic activity around technologies and products that benefit the environment, speeding their implementation and creating new careers that truly protect the planet.