Do you feel like you’re in a rut? Keep doing the same old things, in the same old places? You could be a non-player character in a video game. Take our handy quiz and discover the truth!
You like to make conversation by:
- Mentioning the weather
- Telling people about recent events in your life
- Providing a multiple-choice list of preset responses for people to choose from
During conversation, you notice that the person you are speaking to has become unresponsive. You suspect they are making a cup of tea, using the loo or even preparing to go out for the evening. So you:
- Shout out to them impatiently
- Pace around the room, tapping hands impatiently on your legs
- Wait silently for as long as it takes, potentially until the end of time
You find yourself in a heavy firefight in a wartorn urban setting, or perhaps a hidden research facility 200 miles north of Moscow. Suddenly, you come under heavy fire. Do you:
- Run away as far and as fast as possible
- Take cover behind a wall or anything else that might protect you
- Take cover behind an explosive barrel
While walking across your living room, you accidentally knock into the sofa. Do you:
- Walk around it
- Shake your head at your own clumsiness
- Remain in the same position, moving your arms and legs impotently while making zero headway
You are waiting for someone to arrive. Do you:
- Sit and read the paper
- Look out of the window and think about what you’ll do later on
- Continually pace around a rigid circuit, turning at right-angles, maintaining a constant speed and pausing regularly in exactly the same location
You are walking along a street in a city that looks suspiciously like New York. What are you most concerned about?
- Carbon monoxide in traffic fumes
- Where to find a decent bagel
- Having your head blown off by a bored sniper on top of a skyscraper
How did you do?
Mostly As or Bs: You’re not an NPC. Congratulations! Your chances of being around when the credits roll just increased substantially.
Mostly Cs: You are an NPC! Expect to be shot, pushed off a cliff or blown up for someone’s amusement very soon…
Image courtesy of StarWarsGalaxies